Wednesday, November 26, 2014
1. I'm getting my hair done on Saturday!!!
2. I finally finished by prep work for my Black Friday sale. Fingers crossed for a successful sale!
3. Why is it that I never get paid the week of Thanksgiving? That makes shopping the sales a little more difficult.
4. I'm crocheting a blanket right now and it is going to take longer for me to complete it than I thought. I need about 10 more skeins of yarn and every time I go to the store, they only have 1 or 2. Also, it's sold out online. Gah!
6. Tonight's MK unit meeting is a Sparkles Party! I am so excited! I love sparkles!
7. Since this week is Thanksgiving break on the campus where I work, I get to wear jeans every day! And...there are no dumb students running out in front of my car! :)
8. Every year, I try to have my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving. Only once has that actually happened. I need a better plan next year. At least I have a good idea what I plan to purchase.
9. To all manufacturers of jeans: Having a little stretch in women's jeans is amazing...however, please place some stretch in the actual waistband of the jeans. That's where most women need (and want) it to be. Thank you.
10. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Monday, November 24, 2014
This past weekend did not go as planned. Except, I did get to sleep in. I had a project list that was two pages long. I think I crossed off 5 items on that list.
Friday: I went out to dinner with a fellow MK girl. We had a good talk and got to enjoy some super delicious pizza. I love pizza. After dinner, I spent the evening relaxing and playing with Melody. I started to take my hat I made apart because it ended up being too big.
Saturday: I got a couple of things done on my project list, but not enough. Instead, I went to a new flea market that was HUGE!! An hour and a half later, I went for a late lunch before returning home to try and get some more things done. I managed to finish my hat and it fits a lot better now. Melody took up most of my time in the evening, so I really didn't do a whole lot.
Sunday: I slept late. Has anyone else been really tired lately, or is it just me? A couple more projects were completed before I went to my parents' to pick up my Christmas decorations. Thanks Daddy for helping me carry it all! After spending some time with the family, I came home and got to decorating. I wasn't planning to put out my decorations, but once it was all there, the bug got to me. Two hours later, I was finished. They look so great!
What was your weekend like? Did you do anything productive?
Thursday, November 20, 2014
1. I have a lot of projects/tasks to complete at home that require me to sit in front of my computer. After working at my desk in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, it's not very appealing to do it again when I get home.
2. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!
3. I'm looking forward to making pies for Thanksgiving! It makes me really happy!
4. It's been bitter cold here recently, but there hasn't really been any snow. In my opinion, if it's going to be uncomfortably cold, there should be something pretty to look at.
5. Melody needs some new sweaters. She's grown and is longer than the typical "size medium". However, her chest is the perfect "size medium". Can you see my dilemma?
6. My hair is in desperate need of a hair cut and my roots are awful. I've got an appointment for next Saturday, but it can't get here fast enough!
7. I saw the trailer for the last Hobbit movie and I am super excited!! I can't wait to see it in the theater. Even if I do have to go by myself.
8. Do you ever look at your calendar and ask, "Where did all my time off go?" Looking at my calendar last night, I came to the realization that this weekend is the only one I don't have something planned. At least for now....
9. This year is the first time I am doing a Black Friday sale on my MK website. I hope it is successful.
10. I started this on Tuesday and finished it on Thursday. Don't judge me.
Monday, November 17, 2014
I love weekends now since I no longer have to work events. However, I did work on Saturday. But it was Mary Kay work. So that made me very happy.
Friday: Around 4 pm I received a message that the Mary Kay consultant scheduled for a vendor show on Saturday was sick and was asked if I wanted to come. Of course! I was excited, but not prepared. However, I knew I could make it work. I had a girls night out planned, so I made a list and got ready for dinner. I had a delicious meal and then the group of us went to a bingo night. It was a lot different than what I was used to, but still fun. I left early so that I could prepare for the show the next day.
Saturday: I left my place at 7 am to get to the show in time to set up. I did my best with my table and I quickly started a list of items I wanted to make/get to really improve my show table in the future. I know I will be doing more of them as I progress and I want to make sure my table looks great. I love shows, but this one wasn't the best. It was a fundraiser, which I was happy to support, but in 5 hours (too long!), we only had what seemed around 50 people come through. I got 12 names entered in my drawing. That's 12 names I didn't have before, so it was good on that front. Also, I wasn't prepared to supply a door prize. It was never mentioned until I was almost done setting up. Good thing I came with some things to great a gift certificate. The winner was really excited, which made me really excited!
After the show, I hurried home to prepare for the Sweatpants Dinner. I tried three new recipes that night that came out so yummy! I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and after a while, it started to smell so good! Mrs. P was my guest and we had such a great time! Overall, the first Sweatpants Dinner was a success!
Sunday: Since I didn't make it to bed until 2:30 in the morning, I didn't get up until 10:30. That was nice. I allowed myself time to fully wake up before throwing on some clothes to run a quick errand and then it was back to my living room to put on my comfy clothes and snuggle with Melody while the snow fell. Yes, snow came to my area on Sunday. It was just enough to turn the grass white, but nothing really to write home about. However, it was so pretty to watch. I ended up taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. It was so nice.
What was your weekend like?
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
1. 30* temperatures this week. I had to break out the winter coat this morning and turn the heat on in my apartment. Is it really that time of year already?
2. I'm hosting a Sweatpants Dinner this weekend and I am so excited to cook and try out new recipes.
3. It's no secret that I am an introvert. I read this article yesterday and laughed because so many of these things are true for me.
5. Why are crafting supplies so expensive? I love crafting. A lot. However, I can't always afford the supplies to make things. This leads to crafting withdrawals.
6. It's time to get some serious Christmas shopping done. Have you ever had to shop for someone and you had no idea what to get them? This happens to me every year. I want to be done shopping by Thanksgiving.
7. Have you ever heard of Happify? I've been working with it for a few weeks now and I think it's making an impact. I can't even remember how I got into it. I think I read about it in an article.
8. Last week I set a goal and I tracked it. I actually tracked it by recording results. I didn't meet my goal, but I still feel accomplished by keeping track of it and seeing the results in black and white. A goal is not a goal unless it's tracked. On to the next one!
9. If you had $1 million, how would you spend it?
10. Share your ten thoughts here.