To me, one of the best feelings ever is going to bed at night knowing that you don't have to set the alarm clock. Especially if that night is a weeknight. I have today off from work and I am so happy and excited, I can barely contain myself.
This morning was so peaceful in my apartment with only the sound of my fan, even with the window open. I was able to wake up naturally, which was just a little before 8:30 am. That's incredibly awesome and I have loved slowly drinking my morning coffee and preparing for my day.
I've got a lunch date this afternoon that I am really excited about. I haven't seen this friend in over a year, so it's been way too long since we got together. Our schedules have finally matched up so we can do this.
I can't wait for this weekend, but I will tell you all about it on Monday with my Weekend Recap. I'm so excited!
Friday, October 17, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
1. Wow, how is it that I have gone a whole week without a single post?
2. I realized the other day that I haven't written a book review in over a year. Hmm...I guess they weren't missed much.
3. It has been so wet here lately. I love fall and cool air, but the rain can stop for a while.
4. I finished my first crochet project yesterday! I used this pattern. Last night, I started another one.
5. This past weekend: I did the makeup for a bride on Saturday, bolted after the ceremony to make it to my family dinner to celebrate my grandpa's 85th birthday, and did nothing all day on Sunday and it was awesome!
6. Ha...yep, that's pretty true.
7. My jaw on the right side is sore and I'm not sure why. That makes me sad.
8. I love to take those silly quizzes. I took one that was "What Disney Wedding Should You Have?" and one that was "Which Classic Disney Movie is Most Like Your Life?". What's really funny is that I got Cinderella for each one. That just happens to be my favorite Disney movie.
9. What's with the latest mermaid obsession? I don't really get it or where it came from.
10. I'm off work on Friday! Yippee!
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
1. When did it become acceptable for a woman to run outside in shorts so small they look like underwear and her sports bra? No matter what kind it is, a bra is a bra. What happened to the tank top?
2. OMG! Did you see "The Carlton" on Dancing with the Stars last night? That takes me back. Thank you so much Alfonso Riberio!
3. It's time to break out the Halloween movies.
5. There was a sale on campus today with skeins of yarn for 25 cents. I guess I'm going to learn how to crochet. What better way to learn than with a 25 cent skein? I just bought 12 skeins.
6. When I finished my book last week, I didn't have another one from my list to move on to. Instead, I had a bag of books that Mrs. P had given me to read a long time ago, so I decided to pull one from there. The one I'm reading is called "The Time Machine" and it is a little weird.
7. Does anyone else feel like this often?
8. I'm having crafting withdrawals again. I would love to make a cool bed for Melody, but I definitely need more space. I especially like the ones made from old suitcases.
9. Oh how I long for a desk that faces the door instead of one with my back to it.
10. Join in, it's fun!
Monday, October 6, 2014
Last week was a busy week at work that also called for some time in the evening. By the time I was done for the day, I just didn't feel like writing. I'm sorry if you missed my completely random thoughts. My dad's birthday was on Thursday so I took him out for dinner at this favorite place.
Friday: My friend's birthday was also on Thursday and instead of being lazy on Friday night, a small group of us went out to dinner to celebrate her birthday. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet some new people. I also had one of the best cosmopolitans I've had in a while. Yum!
Saturday: It was time for our traditional craft fair in a small town near my parents' house. My mom and I go every year and it was a lot of fun! The temperature was in the lower 50s, which was really nice. My little vendor that makes scrubbies for the kitchen was there this year, so I was able to get some for my grandma's Christmas gift. She looks forward to them every year. Since it was so cold, I bought myself two knitted headwraps to keep my ears warm. I love craft fairs! After the fair, we had to run some errands, so we didn't get home until late afternoon. I ended up taking a nap on the couch and spent the rest of the evening relaxing.
Sunday: My dad left really early to go on his annual fall camping trip with Annie, so we were up early to see him off. Then, the rest of the day was spent doing almost nothing. I only got dressed because I had to deliver some product to a customer of mine and drop my car off for repair on a safety recall. Seriously, we didn't do anything for the rest of the day and it was so nice and relaxing. Even Melody took it easy.
What did you do over the weekend? Did you go to any cool craft fairs? Or was your weekend really productive? Grab the button and share!
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
1. Fall has OFFICIALLY begun! Yay! It's time for my favorite season of the year!
2. Did any of my readers ever read the Fear Street books by R.L. Stine? I loved these books as a young teen and when I saw that a new one was being released for the first time in decades, I got all nostalgic and now I want to re-read them. Yes, I am a nerd.
3. My Pinterest boards are a mess. I think it's time to clean them up.
4. Speaking of cleaning, I was finally able to get my apartment cleaned over the weekend. It's been over a month, and now I feel so much better.
5. Even though I was able to do the basic cleaning, there is still a lot of organizing I need to do at home.
6. Also over the weekend, I went to a Mizzou game. Even though the game was a disappointment (seriously), it was a really fun day of tailgating, football, and meeting new people. I had a blast!
7. I brought a plant into my office. I hope it does well.
8. Yesterday, Friends turned 20. I can't believe that. Twenty years ago, I didn't even know about the show. Now, it's one of my absolute favorites.
9. Weekends are never long enough. You need one day to rest, one to get things done, and one for fun.
10. Join in on the fun.