Thursday, November 20, 2014
1. I have a lot of projects/tasks to complete at home that require me to sit in front of my computer. After working at my desk in front of a computer for 8 hours a day, it's not very appealing to do it again when I get home.
2. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!
3. I'm looking forward to making pies for Thanksgiving! It makes me really happy!
4. It's been bitter cold here recently, but there hasn't really been any snow. In my opinion, if it's going to be uncomfortably cold, there should be something pretty to look at.
5. Melody needs some new sweaters. She's grown and is longer than the typical "size medium". However, her chest is the perfect "size medium". Can you see my dilemma?
6. My hair is in desperate need of a hair cut and my roots are awful. I've got an appointment for next Saturday, but it can't get here fast enough!
7. I saw the trailer for the last Hobbit movie and I am super excited!! I can't wait to see it in the theater. Even if I do have to go by myself.
8. Do you ever look at your calendar and ask, "Where did all my time off go?" Looking at my calendar last night, I came to the realization that this weekend is the only one I don't have something planned. At least for now....
9. This year is the first time I am doing a Black Friday sale on my MK website. I hope it is successful.
10. I started this on Tuesday and finished it on Thursday. Don't judge me.
Monday, November 17, 2014
I love weekends now since I no longer have to work events. However, I did work on Saturday. But it was Mary Kay work. So that made me very happy.
Friday: Around 4 pm I received a message that the Mary Kay consultant scheduled for a vendor show on Saturday was sick and was asked if I wanted to come. Of course! I was excited, but not prepared. However, I knew I could make it work. I had a girls night out planned, so I made a list and got ready for dinner. I had a delicious meal and then the group of us went to a bingo night. It was a lot different than what I was used to, but still fun. I left early so that I could prepare for the show the next day.
Saturday: I left my place at 7 am to get to the show in time to set up. I did my best with my table and I quickly started a list of items I wanted to make/get to really improve my show table in the future. I know I will be doing more of them as I progress and I want to make sure my table looks great. I love shows, but this one wasn't the best. It was a fundraiser, which I was happy to support, but in 5 hours (too long!), we only had what seemed around 50 people come through. I got 12 names entered in my drawing. That's 12 names I didn't have before, so it was good on that front. Also, I wasn't prepared to supply a door prize. It was never mentioned until I was almost done setting up. Good thing I came with some things to great a gift certificate. The winner was really excited, which made me really excited!
After the show, I hurried home to prepare for the Sweatpants Dinner. I tried three new recipes that night that came out so yummy! I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and after a while, it started to smell so good! Mrs. P was my guest and we had such a great time! Overall, the first Sweatpants Dinner was a success!
Sunday: Since I didn't make it to bed until 2:30 in the morning, I didn't get up until 10:30. That was nice. I allowed myself time to fully wake up before throwing on some clothes to run a quick errand and then it was back to my living room to put on my comfy clothes and snuggle with Melody while the snow fell. Yes, snow came to my area on Sunday. It was just enough to turn the grass white, but nothing really to write home about. However, it was so pretty to watch. I ended up taking a nap in the middle of the afternoon and did absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. It was so nice.
What was your weekend like?
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
1. 30* temperatures this week. I had to break out the winter coat this morning and turn the heat on in my apartment. Is it really that time of year already?
2. I'm hosting a Sweatpants Dinner this weekend and I am so excited to cook and try out new recipes.
3. It's no secret that I am an introvert. I read this article yesterday and laughed because so many of these things are true for me.
5. Why are crafting supplies so expensive? I love crafting. A lot. However, I can't always afford the supplies to make things. This leads to crafting withdrawals.
6. It's time to get some serious Christmas shopping done. Have you ever had to shop for someone and you had no idea what to get them? This happens to me every year. I want to be done shopping by Thanksgiving.
7. Have you ever heard of Happify? I've been working with it for a few weeks now and I think it's making an impact. I can't even remember how I got into it. I think I read about it in an article.
8. Last week I set a goal and I tracked it. I actually tracked it by recording results. I didn't meet my goal, but I still feel accomplished by keeping track of it and seeing the results in black and white. A goal is not a goal unless it's tracked. On to the next one!
9. If you had $1 million, how would you spend it?
10. Share your ten thoughts here.
Monday, November 10, 2014
After looking at the calendar, it seems that I have plans every weekend until the end of the year. What about you?
Friday: After completing a grueling 10 hour organization project at work, I was completely exhausted when I got home. I decided to pick up dinner, drank some much deserved champagne, and spent the evening on my couch. I tried to crochet and was making a lot of progress. That is, until I really looked at it on Sunday and ended up having to pull out over half of it because I had really screwed up. I think I am just going to put this to the side for a while and come back to it later. I've screwed this project up no less than 10 times already.
Saturday: I started my weekend with a facial at the studio which was awesome! I love starting my weekends with Mary Kay! Afterward, I picked up Annie from the groomer and hit up a couple new flea markets with my mom. We didn't find anything this time around, but that's alright. The weather was really nice and it was good to get out for a while. That night was Bingo night and as much fun as it is to play, it's really frustrating when the same 5-6 people win multiple times every month. That gets old really quick.
Sunday: A day spent completely relaxing. It was the last really nice day for weather we will have in a long time, so we spent pretty much all of it outside. The dogs played hard all day long and I enjoyed the sun and warmer temperature while it lasted. When I got home, I gave myself a manicure and prepared for the week ahead. Sunday was such a relaxing day and not a whole lot got accomplished.
What did you do over the weekend?
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
1. Would you look at that? It's Wednesday.
2. So true....
3. Seriously, where did October go?
4. Looking around my apartment yesterday, I realized that I haven't watered the plants in weeks. Oops.
5. Nothing ruins your work week of being the only one in the office like realizing there's still that one person who is silent as they walk by.
6. I got this on November 3. So it begins....
7. Speaking of which, my local grocery store is all decorated for Christmas. Slow Down Retailers!
8. My bank's new computer system sucks. It's not user friendly and you have to answer way too many questions before accessing your account.
9. In April, I started a work journal where I write the date, my planned to-do list, tasks that popped up throughout the day, and reflections on what was accomplished that day. I have to say that after 7 months, it's been great. I can remember what I've done a lot easier. Especially on those days that are super busy, but you don't know what you did.
10. Join in on the fun here! What are your ten items for the week?