The alarm went off this morning and I just looked at it like it was a cruel beast pulling me out of my slumber. Beautiful light was pouring in through my window and Melody was snuggled up next to me. However, I did not want to get out of bed. It feels like this week is just dragging on and there is still another work day to go before the weekend.
Today, I would have been better off in my sweats and a scrunchie than trying to actually look pulled together. I managed a cute outfit with accessories and even my MK pin. Although, my hair was really wet when I went to bed last night and instead of fixing it this morning, it's in a frizzy ponytail. But, I don't really care. My energy has dropped and I am just ready to get through this week.
I'd much rather be at home in my comfy clothes reading on the couch, or by the pool. Melody and I could be on the trail or at the dog park. I could be soaking up the sunshine if the near-perfect weather. Instead, I am sitting in a corner under florescent lights counting down the minutes until lunch.
Does anyone else feel this way? I can't be the only one. I don't really like days (or weeks) like this. They aren't productive and definitely aren't efficient. Also, who likes to feel like they are in a slump? Who wants the days to go by faster? Right now though, I think I should just submit to the day for now and determine how to refocus my energy for better uses later. Maybe I just need some sleep?
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
1. I won movie tickets off the radio a little while back and it's a good thing they don't expire for a year because besides Tammy, there isn't any movies out right now that I really want to see. And that makes me sad.
2. I've asked 5 people for a facial and so far, 3 of them have turned me down for this week, but have told me to "ask again next time." It's incredibly frustrating.
3. Check out my awesome inspiration board! It's so colorful and I plan to add to it. It's main objective is to keep me focused.
4. I am really behind on my reading challenge. My goal is to finish the challenge by the end of the year. It looks like I need to carve more time out to read. I still have 200 pages left in a Tale of Two Cities
5. The weather this week = perfect! I can't believe it's the end of July and we have temperatures barely in the 80s and very little humidity. I wonder how bad August is going to be.
6. Have I ever told you that my parents are awesome? They truly are. This was my birthday present. Dad's words: "now there's no more excuses". (what?)
7. I had to move the carnations from my living room because Melody keeps trying to smell them. I was afraid she would knock the vase over, so I moved them to the breakfast bar. She did look cute trying to reach them though.
8. Last week, I asked what your favorite movie of all time was. Mine is You've Got Mail. I seriously love this movie. The big city, bookstores, romance, what's not to love?
9. At the store yesterday, I was behind a woman who was buying school supplies and I kept looking at them and wanting to buy them myself. I love school/office supplies. Am I the only one with this obsession?
10. What book are you currently reading?
Monday, July 28, 2014
I can't believe I haven't blogged since last Wednesday. This past weekend was kind a busy and it all started on Thursday.
Thursday: Another consultant came over to my place and we talked about Mary Kay and other things while she put together her binder and I put together my goal poster. Finally! We both need another person to keep us going, so it was perfect. She and I have similar personalities and we got along pretty well. I am so excited to finally have this project done, but I will wait to show you a picture tomorrow.
Friday: I have no idea how I made it through the day. I was so tired all day and it just got worse as the day went on. I have been doing pretty well with my energy lately, but this last week has been rough. Needless to say, when I came home, I ended up falling asleep on the couch for almost 2 hours. Then, I got a second wind of energy and didn't go to bed until midnight. Melody was nice enough to let me sleep. She must have realized that I needed it.
Saturday: Mrs. P cooked lunch and it was so delicious! Oh my God! I was watching her make it (and helping a little bit) and when it was finally time to eat, we were all so excited that we pretty much shoveled our first few bits. Then, we all has seconds. I got to take the leftovers home and there was just enough for last night's dinner. While we ate, we watched The Neverending Story. Do you remember that movie? It's as old as I am. After eating that delicious meal, I met my grandma at the senior center for homemade ice cream and pie. That was good too, but I went home completely stuffed. The rest of the night was spent with Melody, laundry, and movies. I was in a singing mood, so I watched Pitch Perfect and Grease. Awesome!
Sunday: My parents came home from their trip and I helped them get things unloaded and put away and spent the day with them. It was relaxing and really nice. Since I don't have HGTV at home, I got to watch a lot of it on Sunday. It makes me happy to see before and after shows like that. Although, it makes me long for a house of my own to play around with. I didn't do much when I got home and I should have. Instead I just took it easy. Like I said, I've been really tired lately.
What did you do this past weekend? Grab that button and join in!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
I knew there were many things I wanted to accomplish by this age that I haven't even touched. But that's alright. They can be done and most importantly, they WILL be done. Right now, I'm going to enjoy the happy wishes, the wonderful gifts, and the fabulous dinner that is coming up. Then, I will make a plan of action to accomplish the things I want in life.
It doesn't matter how old I get, I will still do things that make me happy. Even if that is watching a Disney movie marathon and singing along to all of the songs.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
1. Oh my goodness! Look at that! I've posted this on time!
2. I had a facial scheduled for tonight but she has to work, so I need to bust my butt to get someone there tonight.
3. Look at this adorable little guy I found on my morning walk yesterday:
4. And speaking of cute things, here was my birthday present to myself. It is so much prettier in person!
5. Humidity sucks.
6. I believe at some point, I looked like this over the weekend. However, I did get some things done.
8. Mrs. P is going to be cooking for me sometime for my birthday and I am beyond excited! She is such an amazing cook and the meal with consist of my two favorite German recipes: schnitzel and spaetzle. I know, total carb overload, but I don't care. It is yummy!
9. Can anyone please tell me why this year has gone by so fast? I'm already thinking about Christmas. (I plan early)
10. What is your favorite movie of all time? I would really like to know.