Tuesday, September 16, 2014
1. We are officially 99 days from Christmas Eve. You may react however you wish to.
2. How is it that a jacket in one size is tighter than the same jacket in a smaller size that fits?
3. My dream last night included what I would consider the "sign" I've been waiting for. And it's kind of cool.
4. Someone please explain to me why all of these nursing school lessons/techniques/etc. are on the Pinterest Humor page? No offense to nurses and nursing students, but when I want a little dose of laughter, I don't want to see how to insert and IV or something else of the sort.
5. I was flipping through an LTD catalog yesterday and noticed that you can now get a remote controlled farting teddy bear. Oh dear. Society just got dumber.
6. Don't you hate it when people only respond to part of your question or even just blow you off completely? That's a really good way to really piss me off.
7. Wow, I sound really bitter today. Oh well, I don't really care at the moment.
8. The weather today is absolutely perfect!! I love fall weather!
9. Listening to jazzy/big band style music at work is a great way to stay productive.
10. Join in, it's a lot of fun!
Monday, September 15, 2014
This past weekend was awesome!! There was so much going on, but it was also a lot of fun.
Friday: Game night was a blast! I met new people, had a lot of fun playing games, and I ended up making cheesy beer bread was a hot mustard dip. I'm usually not a fan of mustard, but the dip was really good. I think it might taste good on a turkey sandwich someday. The bread was yummy too!
Saturday: My mom and I took the dogs to a pet expo where they got to socialize a little bit. We were a little worried about Annie because she doesn't spend a lot of time around other dogs, but she did great! We participated in a cake walk, but didn't win. We got all kinds of free samples of treats and foods. We also won a gift basket in a raffle! After the expo, we made chicken corn chowder for dinner and then went to Bingo night. Mom won 3 times!! I won once! Yay! It's always a good time. The dogs were exhausted for the rest of the day after all of the fun they had at the expo.
Sunday: I was invited to a Thirty One party and my mom came along with me. I ended up spending way more than I wanted to and what I got, I really didn't need. I love bags and like the Thirty One bags, but my problem is that the items I want do not always come in the fabric patterns I want. I believe that items should be available in all fabric prints. Also, the consultant didn't have a very good presentation. She was actually kind of boring and didn't show much of the products. At least I helped out two people with my little order.
On Sunday nights, my Mary Kay unit has a weekly conference call for recognition/information and this week we had a guest speaker that was truly inspirational. I know the woman personally and to hear her speak was so incredible. She is the biggest supporter and has a huge heart. It was awesome to hear her tell her story.
What did you do over the weekend? Grab that button and let me know!
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
1. It was over 80 degrees in my apartment last night, but I don't want to turn the air back on because it is supposed to cool down again on Thursday. I just have to go a couple of days.
2. A crisis at work yesterday caused me to miss my chiropractor appointment. I had to reschedule for Wednesday. I was actually looking forward to that appointment. :(
3. I love Oxfords and these are very nice. However, they are also way out of my price range. A girl can dream though, right?
4. These are perfect for my work! These too!
5. Bring it!
6. I find this incredibly funny because it is true. Only introverts like me would understand.
7. The only show I really watch on TV starts a new season on Thursday. I'm excited!
8. I finally put my living room back in order last night after over 3 weeks of lounging on blankets and pillows on the floor. It feels weird. Plus, I need to vacuum now.
9. I'm going to take something to a game night this week, but what do I make?
10. Join in the fun! No really, join in!
Monday, September 8, 2014
It would be cool to say that I was completely and 100% lazy this weekend. That would be a lie though. I did manage to get some things done. These things were:
1. giving myself a manicure
2. sorting/filing my mail/paperwork
3. taking Melody to the dog park
4. giving Melody a bath after the park because she got muddy
6. pruning my plants
7. changing the wreath on my door
8. updating my planner
Those were the most productive things I did all weekend. The weather has turned a little more towards fall-like, so the air was turned off and the windows were opened. My allergies have gone haywire, but I will deal with that. Sunday was National Grandparents Day, so my cousin and I took our grandma out to lunch. I picked the place and it was so nice to have a completely different kind of meal and experience than the usual casual dining. We also decided to have an hor d' oeuvres style dinner on Christmas Eve. Yay!
I also met up with my parents for a drink and then spent the rest of the weekend lounging and watching movies. It was blissful and I loved every minute of it.
What did you do over the weekend? Grab the button and share!
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
1. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I know I really enjoyed my four-day weekend. I didn't want to come back to work today, it was that relaxing.
2. College students are f*cking stupid. Kids, don't try to cross the five lane road (and the third busiest in the city) during rush hour without using the crosswalks. And don't you dare cross in front of my car. I don't break for stupidity. Every year, at least 2 students are hit at the beginning of the year. You'd think they'd learn.
3. Note to self: do not eat ice cream after eating Chinese food. They don't go well together.
4. I completely forgot to take my book camping this past weekend. I did take magazines, but I didn't read a whole lot. Odd.
5. I bought my second Christmas gift over the weekend! We are 113 days from Christmas Eve.
6. It's FOOTBALL SEASON!!
7. Oh. My. Goodness! It's time for fall and I cannot contain myself. Seriously...
8. I saw a guy in the hallway last week with legs smoother than mine. Hmm...I hope he was a swimmer.
9. 90 days exactly to reach my goal. Yikes!
10. Join in!